ABC Soup



My wife pregnant for ~7 months and we start to cook ourselves for the dinner to ensure balance food for both baby and mummy.

Last weekend, we plan to prepare the ABC soup, (not Ais Batu Campur la)... is ABC soup...

What is that? I dun know..... is a mixture of few vege and meat. Dun know why they call this as ABC soup... may be this is a mixture of too many vege on one bowl.. :P

So we went to LipSin market to get the ingredient such as corn, potato, tomato, carrot, and onion. Of course, we need to get some pork for it.

The funny thing happen when we go to get the pork... here is the conversation...

Antie:
How much u wan??

Me: I dun know.... :~(

Autie: What do u wan it for?

Me: Cook soup...

Autie: For how many person?

Me: 2 person

Autie: How many times?

Me: One time

Autie: "Ho Yee No Ko Bak Kut"... (give him 2 riggit bone)

Nothing funny right?.... but U didn't see the weird smile from all the butchers,and those customers... All of them looking at us.......they laugh at our conversation.....So embarassing... :(

Me first time ma... dun know ma......

But this is the soup we come out with.... look yummy or not?



It looks yummmy and taste yummy too.... yum yum........

10 comments nia.. I need more la:

Akira 思胜 said...

Wow, nice soup here... Take care ya...

Jenn said...

i love ABC soup!! :D

i hope your father is better already! take care! :D

chunyiun said...

Mmm...soup is very easy to prepare. I used to boil a lot of soup when i was in Uni..:)...but i dun put bak kut...i put chicken..so usually will buy chicken ribs..=D

lkwah86 said...

My mom always make this... It's nice.

yingjia said...

ABC soup , too many vege for me..but good try as a father.. =p when i go market with my bf also like this leh~

New Kid on the Blog said...

7 months pregnant? How nice. If that incident didn't happen, I believe I am 6 months now.

Vian Lee said...

i miss ABC soup.!!
look tempting..~~

Jys said...

hmm, looks nice! but normally ABC soup got tomato and without jagung one right? hehe..

K3ViN said...

wah sooo nice...... i miss ABC soup....... jagung? normally my mother will put quite alot of thing inside lor :P

lovie said...

What a coincidence. I was only thinking about it last night, might cook it tomorrow or someday. =)