What do you all call this vehicle?

Emm... sometime feel funny when we use our own way to call certain thing and sound so funny to all... the own way I meant is like our own hometown way. So sometime my friend dun understand what i mean....

OK... quote an example.... that day i saw s giant vehicle is causing the whole area to jam like hell.... so I start to scold... "Ha Le CARI MAKAN CHO HA MIK"......

Everyone in the car stunned and look at me with ?? on the top of their head like this.....

haha... I tot I mention something wrong... wonder if i say some dirty word.... haha... they dun understand wat is "cari makan".... lol.....

This is the giant vehicle i meant.. so what you all call it as? Cari Makan? Dragon Head? Jentera? ......



Dragon head ==> as it always lead the whole traffic jam......
Cari Makan ==> as it always grab stuff toward inside.... like grab everything into the mouth....

6 comments nia.. I need more la:

Kirsten said...

i call it the 'chan nai cheh' (canto)

or like you put it

==> korek tanah car

lovie said...

=D
I never know it's called "cari makan". Haha.
Anyway, come to think of it, I don't know what I call it. Haha. Guess I never have the chance to talk about it.

KC said...

hmm.. thought i want to call it bulldozer ..but don't think it is.. well.. korek tanah lor :p

CS said...

Kirsten: emm... i know how to call in my local dialet.... in teo chiew.....

but in English or Malay.. then....


lovie: ya lor a lot of people dun knw one.. hin hin....

kc: korek tanah = kata kerja... i need a noun... haha...


So how would u all think about CARI MAKAN......

if you do,.,, spread it and it will becoem a common name for that vehicle and i will be the founder... can register at wikipedia ,,,, haha

Francis said...

I think for English shud call Bulldozer and for Hoikkein there is a lot. God hand and etc.

K3ViN said...

i also blur on what u try 2 say..... blur habis lor....