How would our childen treat us when we are old??

I am having my breakfast this morning at Kampung Jawa Coffee Shop for my favourite roti canai. While I was half way waiting for the yummy roti canai, something had happened and caught everyone attention. Due to my 'busy body' attitude, for sure I will join those uncle and auntie and take a closer look..

OMG, an old guy is about to fall down and some one just manage to grab him off the floor. I saw the old man having difficulty to walk properly and need to use stick to support his body. I would think the floor is way too slippery for him. But it is so lucky for him from falling down and hurt. Some auntie rush to get some water and hot drink for him.

I wonder where are their children? The old guy is in late 70s. He should have children who can and should accompany him to the shop, rather than just leave it alone.



Later, I heard some aunties and uncle talked about the old guy. The old guy walk out from his house to look for food as his children refuse to buy food for him.... And he must walk out and buy it for himself..... WALAO.......

I am stun and speechless...... what had happen to the society..... what had been taught in the school about caring, love, respect... Where are those now? Missing? Buried?

I wonder if I will be like him when I am in that age... wonder........

But something had happened later and make me feel there is still love in this world.... The 'Wan Tan Mee' stall owner left the stall un-attended and fetch the old guy home....

Hopefully more and more people is joining the charity activities.....and may help me in the future.......



3 comments nia.. I need more la:

Sze Ling said...

我看过一些老人家,年纪很大了
还得自己搭巴士出门
有时侯的情况还很危险一下
看到了都会让人心酸
为何身为他们的孩子的那些人
就不能拨出一些时间陪陪父母亲吗?

Benny Lee said...

What happened to my comment previously? Aiyo, have to type all over again...hmmm I forgot liao what I wrote


Well, ideally we would hope for all the love in the world and great care for the seniors.

Anyway, it depends on situation.

In this modern world, everyone has to (struggle) work for $$ to support his/her family. If the person is not wealthy (like me!), how can he/she afford to hire a maid to look after the mom/dad? We cannot be there for our parents 24/7 (sadly), right? So what's the argument here? How about those who are sole breadwinner? (again, like me!)

How about those seniors who are stubborn and insist on staying alone by himself/herself?

There's always a gray area and "2 sides of a story" to everything in life. We just need to balance our time well and shower our love and attention to our parents/spouse. Don't end up with regret after a parent is gone... (sigh... like me! like me!)

By the way, love & respect should not only be limited to parents/spouse, but to everyone... our friends, colleagues, neighbors, fellow countrymen, neighboring countries, etc.. ALL!


CS: paiseh for my long crappy comments :-p

KC said...

do unto others what you want others to do unto you... show a good example to your children and they'll do the same to you too :)