Help!!! What we call this in Mandarin? Hokkien? Cantonese?

I believe, because of our life style in the bz city, it is difficult for us to balance between the bz working life with the healthy life style...

It is difficult for me too.... A lot of time, I work late... surving net late night... and blog late too... It is not healthy at all...

But thing changed after my wife is pregnant. Now I know I must take a good care of myself and my health. Else how I am able to taken care both of them in the future.

Since then, we will go to the store near to the Batik Store, Pulau Tikus to get our favourite fruit juice there.

Yes... we get there from Sg. Dua just to get the fresh fruit juice....

Our favourite is Dragon fruit mixed with pineapple. But that day, no dragon fruit, wo we choose beetroot instead.

What is beetroot?? See below lor...




Beetroot in plant




But hor, what is the Mandarin name for beetroot? How about Hokkien, or Cantonese... Anyone know?

Tell me tell me tell me.... PLS....................

9 comments nia.. I need more la:

Anonymous said...

hi!!
Beetroot is 甜菜,we often eat with salad!!

in Hokkien, i think is 'tee chai'
in hainese is 'diam sai'
in cantonese, maybe is 'tim choi'

okie :)

Akira 思胜 said...

haha... agree with wat Bibombio Tay said... 甜菜根for chinese lor...

hahaha.... why, somebody test u one this ah???

Akira 思胜 said...

well, u can use my pics for the Bai Tnee Kong...

U wan my photos? how to send to u?

Akira 思胜 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akira 思胜 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akira 思胜 said...

oic, I added u already...

din see u online... maybe u can add me at masagi85@hotmail.com

David (AKK) said...

I first time see this... it's much look like yam / taro hor...

Dragon said...

me also first time see....

Anonymous said...

Kann ich so nur zustimmen