Jalan Jalan At Kek Lok Si



Honestly I never been to Kek Lok Si during the CNY. I am being told that the lighting and decoration during CNY is a MUST see scenery. My wife went there every year with her family.

So this year she wanted to go as well, we had talk about this since before CNY. But we are so bz until we forget about this until we recalled on the 15th of Lunar CNY. We decided to go on Chap Goh Meh which we thought is the last day of the lighting.

We dun wan to miss the show. Right after work, we went for our dinner at Farlim area. We were stucked at traffic around Greenlane and Farlim. We get impatient stucking in the traffic. We afraid we going to stuck again around Kek Lok Si area.

We stucked for 45 min at traffic before reach the place for dinner. We feel so tiring and plan not to go anymore, may only pass by and see see only.

But after reach there, not much traffic and I am able to stop by the road side to snap the photo. My camera not advance, my technique also bad, so that's the photo i get. :( .. It is so nice watching with naked eye from the bottom. We can't hold it anymore.


We decide to go up there as there is less traffic at the entrance. GO GO GO....

After 2 min ride, u know wat.... STUCK..... stuck UP HILL....

OMG.. i can't u-turn, i can't change my mind.... so i need to keep on going.... Hopefully it will be smooth traffic along the way.

Who knows? Stuck from down until uphill. I am driving a MANUAL CAR....... please.. is MANUAL.... my leg a..... and my lovely car a.....

my car seems can't take it as I stress it too much. The road is so steep.. uphill ma..

my car start making complaint with some burning smell... I believe i stressed it way too much. I just hope i can get car park and get him a rest for a while before going downhill....

After 20 min of hill hiking, we managed to get a place to park. It is not a car park, just by the road side.. some more ask for parking fee of RM2.00....

No choice....... since already go uphill sure need to go to look look and see see la.. right?

As we go until the top hill (Guan Yin) where the octagon tower is still under construction. Is kind of risk to go there. It shud had closed for visitor.... risky.

There is no much view from the top, only Air Itam night view... NO Kek Lok Si View.... :(

We need to take the cabel car to go down lower stage to have a better view.... but RM2.00 for the cabel car..... NO WAY... it is not worth... And we found out the lighting will on until 28th Lunar CNY. So.. we will come back again when it is not so crowded....

But at least we still have Guan Yin view. Very nice..... There are a lot of lantern hanging around the area, I just get the shot below... Sui right?



We found the some kind of "Tree of Wishes", where you get a ribbon and write your name base on wishes you want, and tie it on the "Tree of wishes".. Hoping all you wishes will come true...... see how many wishes "Guan Yin" had to read.....



After we prayed, we went home.......

We WILL BE BACK..............

10 comments nia.. I need more la:

Akira 思胜 said...

hahaha, I can sense ur car is complaining whole night long... haha... I prefer to park below the Kek Lok Si and walk a bit... hehe...

KOKahKOK said...

dunc omplain too much ah....jk....so how r u n ur wife d ?

chunyiun said...

If i am not mistaken, the lights will be on until around 10pm or 10.30pm only after the 15th Day of CNY...so dun go too late oh..

p/s: i know coz my granma's hse is just down the road...hehe..

Dragon said...

i never been to kek lok si during cny. i hate jam.

CS said...

akira wah: Ya ya ya.... kesian my car..... kek sim also.. dun wan to stress him like that anymore....

hopefully next round will not stuck like that.... else i need to stress him again....

kokahkok: emm.... ya.. i like to complaint.. but still will work on it.... for my wife... i can do anything... hihi :P

chunyiun: emm.. i heard it too.. but for me.. i will be there b4 the time...

thanks for the sharing...

dragon: I know la.. but hor,, wat can drive u to that kind of situation? ur gf? may be right? hihi

haan said...

all pics taken by u?

Anonymous said...

haan: yes all pic taken by me.... anything wrong?

David (AKK) said...

I normally will parked my car at foot hill (if i not wrong near Air itam that side)... then i walked up to KLS lor...

The photos you take very nice... your photo taking skill also very "Geng" wor... hehe :)

haan said...

nah.. nothing is wrong.. just to make sure it's from u before i give any compliments :)

Anonymous said...

emm.. ok.. thanks.. so any words for me?