less and x-less

Honestly, I am not good in English vocab and I believe most of you might had notice that. I am on my way of improving to be better and better.

For me, language is just a tool to communicate between 2 party or more. It served it purpose as long as the one listening or reading knowing what you are trying to tell. Right?

Few days back, while we are having meeting with the team members of my company, the chairperson is sharing her laptop while capturing meeting minutes. We did discuss about to submit something without the quantity on it which might lead to some issue.

So she is trying to use some fancy language which making sense to me, this is what she wrote. Boss

To check if the submission with quantityless is doable.

Had u notice anything? Ya right, the quantityless...

Right after she type this, one of my good friend tot that it is less quantity which is not the actual meaning on what we had discussed. So he pointed out and ask her to change to without quantity. Photobucket

So I am wonder if this is the correct vocab by using the -less at the end of word to make it a negative statement?

Anyone can help on this? I really wan to know..

Paperless => without paper
Speechless => nothing to tell
Careless => didn't care

Quantityless ==> Anyone can help?

5 comments nia.. I need more la:

lovie said...

I'm not very good at English, but I thought there's no such word as quantityless? Are you trying to say that it is of less quantity, or without quantity at all?

Anonymous said...

yes..i know.. i am trying to point out that a lot of ppl like me who is not good at english will try to learn and sometime will create a lot of funny stuff like "quantityless"...

hihi... but it is good to learn from there...

Akira 思胜 said...

Hmm, no such word for quantityless lar, i'm pretty sure about it... hahaha.. but quite funny to learn that a new word is trying to get born into this world... hahaha...

oh ya, u can use my blog photos ya... link u~~

Anonymous said...

ya.. sometime it will create a lot of funny jokes while we are learning something new..

dun feel ashame of this as this will help to getus remember it better...

HI, Akirawah...

Thanks for visiting my blog.... :)

haan said...

no such word as quantityless. a lot of people also like to use "revert" instead of "reply", which is wrong!! but all think "revert" sounds better and indicates their "higher standard"! sigh~~