Food: Bake Sweet Potatoes

My mum always told story about her time, when she is young, she and her family members need to work hard in order to support their family. Everyone need to work and most of them stop the study after primary school.

And the life at that time is terrible and they need to wake up early in the morning to go out with bike to get the food for the pig. Ya .. for pig and it is very early like 5-6am in the morning, ride in the dark and go to get the kangkung by the river side or beside paddy field.

Can you imagine how their life is? Appreciate on what you have now. I heard my mum said sometime they only have potatoes as their meal. Imagine!!!

Today, I just bought few baked potatoes from Jusco, QB Mall. I can smell them from far away. Those are from Japan and it is sweet potato. But I just too full to take it after paying (RM3.30 for 2 potatoes).

After I went home, my lovely wife help me (sorry.. shud say being forced :P) to peel off the skin and of course I eat la.. LoL..



The first one we have is so sweet and yummy, I love the taste. I can't hold myself to get the other one.



But it make me throw out after the first nite. OMG, the taste just yaksssss

I still can feel it now. :{

So overall the 1 potato (skinny one) cost me RM3.30... Too expensive... what a waste!!!

And now life change and standard of living improved. That's why we are willing to pay RM3.30 for a Japanese sweet potato instead of having to dig for potato ourselves last time.

Appreciate on what we have now......

2 comments nia.. I need more la:

David (AKK) said...

Wah... so expansive ler... but i still prefer our local original "Huan Choo" in orange color that one... :p

CS said...

haha... i like those also...

but sometime try something new also not bad ma...

haha....