Kampung Activities 1: Fighting Cock

This is the shot I get while I am having my lunch with my wife few days back. The 2 cocks are attacking each other.



I dun know if you have seen this kind of battle before, but this is kind of common activities for kampung folks. This is the battle between two specially bred cocks in a ring. The rooster is trained on stamina, attacking kills, strength and etc.

This was an entertainment to the farmer and rubber tapper after work during tea time. In order to increase the excitement of the fight, the rooster is armed with either gaffs or knives tied to the leg in the area.

It is very cruel to the animals; and it slowly turned to a gambling activities. That's why the activity become illegal now.

For me, I have seen it once, but without armed and gambling. Purely an entertainment for the orang kampung like me during when I was a small kids. I missed those kampung activities so much.

Nowadys, less and less people know about those activities anymore. What the kids are having is homework, computer, training, tuition, this and that. I wonder if they can have their own childhood like we do.

0 comments nia.. I need more la: